Tonight I put some festive nuts into my dinner. To make this delight you….
- Roast off some chestnuts in the oven (220°C for 20 minutes)
- Peel the chestnuts and put them to one side (this takes ages by the way so put some tunes on)
- Sauté some garlic with some groundnut oil and mix in a handful of chopped parsley
- Add the peeled chestnuts
- Boil some lasagne sheets in a large pan until almost cooked-this can be tricky as they tend to stick together
- Pour some double cream into the mushrooms and chestnuts. Cook through for a few minutes and season to taste
- Layer the pasta sheets and mixture in a dish. Grate some mature cheese on top (I used grana padana)
- Cook in the oven at 180°C for 20 minutes
- Serve with chopped up basil & parsley and add some sweet chopped tomatoes
It’s nice sometimes to have a change from your usual meaty lasagne .