This is one of my all time favourite pasta dishes that my boyfriend taught me to make in my first year at university. It’s dead simple and takes half an hour.
- Chop an onion and fry off in a little oil
- Take a pack of sausages and remove the meat from the skins
- Add sausage meat to the onions
- Cook the sausage meat through
- Grate two large carrots and add to the pan
- Add a tin of tomatoes, some fresh parsley, a sprinkle of sugar and some Italian herb mix
- Simmer for 10 minutes
- Get some spaghetti on the boil and cook al dente
- Dish up together, add fresh parsley and some cheese if you desire
I usually make this with tagliatelle but spaghetti works nicely too. I have made this with packaged sausage meat and it was quite fatty so I tend to think it’s worth getting messy peeling the sausages!